Notes of sloe and damson make this Salcombe Gin recipe one for the winter cocktail hit list
Salcombe Gin Guiding Star 50ml
Niepoort Tawny Port 15ml
Vanilla sugar syrup 15ml
Lemon juice 15ml, freshly squeezed
Bittermens Burlesque bitters 6 drops
Foaming bitters ½ pipette
Crushed freeze-dried blackberries to garnish
- Fill a coupe glass with ice and put to one side.
- Fill a Boston shaker with ice and add the Guiding Star gin, port, syrup, lemon juice and Burlesque bitters.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Double strain the mixture into the empty half of the Boston shaker, discard the ice, add the foaming bitters and dry shake for a further 10 seconds.
- Empty the chilled coupe glass and long pour the mixture through a double strainer.
- Top with champagne and garnish with the crushed freeze-dried blackberries.