Toast Pride month with this colourful Pride Sour cocktail, created by Laura Tattershall of The Club House, in celebration of the LGBTQ+ community
You will need
Blanco Tequila 50ml
Sugar syrup 30ml
Edmond Briottet Liqueur Pamplemouse Rose 35ml
Lime juice 35ml
Egg white 1
For the Pride flag
Angostura bitters (orange)
Basil olive oil (green)
Briottet Crème de Cassis de Dijon (purple)
Blue Curacao liqueur (blue)
- Chill a coupe glass in the fridge.
- Put all the cocktail ingredients in a boston shaker and shake well for 30 seconds to whip the egg white.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake for another 30 seconds to chill the liquid.
- Fine strain the liquid into the chilled coupe glass. There should be a thick head of foam on the top after pouring.
- For the Pride flag: be as creative as you like with this. Laura recommends starting by dipping a small paintbrush (or the end of a spoon) into one of the coloured ingredients and creating a delicate stripe through the foam with it. Build up, layer by layer, then use a small paintbrush to pull the stripes from the outside in, creating a swirl effect. Top with edible flowers.