The iconic Italian cocktail gets a thoroughly English refashioning from the spiritsmiths at Salcombe Gin
Salcombe Gin ‘Start Point’ 25ml
Bramley & Gage Sweet Vermouth 25ml
Rosehip cup 25ml
Red grapefruit juice 10ml
Red grapefruit peel
- Fill a tumbler with ice and place to one side.
- In a mixing glass, combine the gin, vermouth, rosehip cup and grapefruit juice.
- Add plenty of ice and stir gently for 30 seconds.
- Double strain the mixture into the tumbler.
- Cut a slice of red grapefruit peel over the glass to release the oils into the cocktail.
- Gently rub the rim of the glass with the grapefruit peel before creating a twist to garnish.